The new Raspberry Pi 3 has added a load more power and extra connectivity with its Quad-Core 64bit CPU, WiFi & Bluetooth!
This 3rd generation version of the Raspberry Pi supersedes the original Raspberry Pi Model B+ and Raspberry Pi 2 Model B.It still maintains the original form factor like its predecessors, thus it continues to be compatible with many add-on boards (HATS), but due to its powerfull quad core processor runs up to 10x faster than the first generation of Raspberry Pi.
Along with a higher CPU spec, it also now packs WiFi (b/g/n) and Bluetooth 4.1 on the same size PCB, making future projects requiring this form of connectivity more compact.
The ARMv8 processor can run a full range of ARM GNU/Linux distributions, these include Snappy Ubuntu Core and Microsofts Windows 10 IoT edition.
- 1.2GHz 64-bit quad-core ARM Cortex-A53 CPU (BCM2837)
- 1GB RAM (LPDDR2 SDRAM)
- On-board Wireless LAN - 2.4 GHz 802.11 b/g/n (BCM43438)
- On-board Bluetooth 4.1 + HS Low-energy (BLE) (BCM43438)
- 4 x USB 2.0 ports
- 10/100 Ethernet
- 40 GPIO pins
- Full size HDMI 1.3a port
- Combined 3.5mm analog audio and composite video jack
- Camera interface (CSI)
- Display interface (DSI)
- microSD slot
- VideoCore IV multimedia/3D graphics core @ 400MHz/300MHz