"NOOBS" New Out Of Box Software (Recommended for first time Pi users)
Quality, Kingston 8GB Micro SDHC Card with standard SD Card adapter , preinstalled with the latest New Out Of Box Software operating system, simply plug the SD card into your Raspberry Pi and on the first boot you will be presented with a choice of six Raspberry Pi operating systems as shown below.
Included Operating Systems:
- Archlinux - A Lightweight and Flexible Linux Distribution
- OpecELEC (Open Embedded Linux Entertainment Center) - XBMC Media Centre OS.
- Pidora - A Fedora Remix optimized for the Raspberry Pi
- RaspBMC - A Linux Distribution Based on Debian that brings XBMC to your Raspberry Pi
- Raspian - The recommended OS, which contains LXDE, Midori and Development Tools
- RiscOS - Designed in Cambridge, England by Acorn. Released in 1987, it's a little bit of history!
- Windows IoT Core - Windows for embedded devices.
To free up SD card space, the offline NOOBS package now only contains the Raspbian archive. To install Arch, Pidora, OpenELEC, RaspBMC or RISC OS you will require a network connection.
SDHC Card Specs:
- Higher speeds will save you time
- Reliable shock-proof technology
- Capacity : 8GB
- Dimension : 32 x 24 x 2.1mm
- Weight : Approx 0.2g
- Operating Voltage : 2.7 ~ 3.6V
- Data Transfer Speed Up to 48MB/s
- Speed Class Class 4
- Micro SD Card with Adapter
- Compatible with Raspberry Pi Model A , B and B+ V2 and New Raspberry Pi V3
Cards come with 'NOOBS' Pre-installed with the latest version.
Latest Image: NOOBS_v2_0_0.zip Release date 05-10-2016 also available from the Raspberry Pi Foundation Downloads